tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 23 15:20:29 1997

Re: Error Condition Re: Re: 'ul

Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> I can answer definitely and definitively.  The information *IS* in the
> mail, in the header of every piece sent out.  I know; I can see it, and
> what's more it was I that put it there.  However, many mail browsers only
> show certain header fields and hide the rest (and other mail readers only
> hide specific ones and show the rest), so it may not appear by default in
> your screen.  We thought this was less intrusive for the majority of people
> than adding an extra line to the body of each message (which I'm not even
> sure our software can do), while still remaining visible at least much of
> the time.

Incidentally, I use Netscape 3.0 Gold, and I have never recieved the
"unsub" header.  Maybe it's just my mailreader, but if its not, then all
Netscape users can't ever see this.  However, people should rad and save
the introductory messages, so there's no excuse for unsubscribe
requests!

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level