tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 17 18:06:55 1997

Re: Stardate

>>ps.  Maybe the Klingons copied the idea of stardates from the Federation -
>>in which case the star part would be more important than the meaning.
>
>Apparently. Okrand uses HovpoH in SkyBox trading card S33, reprinted in
>the brand new HolQeD 6.2.
>
>Personally I see stardates a Federation thing and can't see Klingons using
>them.
>
>.:ghor:.
bIlugh

But:
 Klingons have adapted many things during their evolution, like the
 counting-to-ten-system and the 24-hour-day.
 I can see them use stardate very clearly, since I quess they want to
understand the terrans.
 By the way, why are there Klingon words for Telephone or faxing machine...

Biside of that, tlhIngan jIHbe'
'ejyo' yaS jIH. 'ejyo' 'ampaSDaq tlhIngan Hol vIghojtaH.
I am a Starfleet officer. At starfleet acadamy, I am learning klingon.

muHwI'
StarDate 97542.1
DaH HaghlaH ghargh

Back to archive top level