tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 13 20:42:08 1997

Re: Paramount Hol

> > yo' qIjDaq batlh botu'jaj!
> >
> > KLBC: Did I get that right?  I was trying to say, "May you (plural)
find
> honor
> > with the Black Fleet," but I'm not sure if my usage of -Daq was
appropriate.

> It is correct.  After all, you've got to physically be "in" the Black
Fleet to
> gain honor "with" it, right?
>
> > Is there canon for this famous line?
>
> I don't know.  It actually took me a long time to determine where this
"Black
> Fleet" stuff came from in the first place.  I'm *think* Kurn mentions it
in
> the episode where he wants Worf to kill him, but before that, I think it
was
> only in fan fiction and Pocket Books.

Actually, the cannon source is the Klingon CD.  The only thing mentioned,
about the Klingon afterlife in "Sons of Mogh", is said by Worf: "If you die
by your own hand, you will not travel across the River of Blood and enter
S'Tovoqor."  The whole business of what the Klingon here-after actually is
seems poorly established so far.  We have *QI'tu'*, *S'Tovoqor*, and *yo'
qIj*.  Perhaps the black fleet takes the honored dead across the river of
blood, like the ferry man crossing the river Styx.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level