tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 12 15:50:37 1997

RE: Learning Klingon language

January 12, 1997 11:24 AM EST, jatlh loDDoq:

> jatlh Marchel:
> >Hi!
> >Who will help me learn the basics of the Klingon language by email?
> qIm Marchel!

Be aware that this is the clipped form of the formal command, {yIqIm,
*Marchel*!}

> qaQaHqang!
> pongwIj loDDoq:

For a "to be" sentence, you need a pronoun: {*loDDoq* 'oH pongwIj'e'}.  See
TKD section 6.3

> SuH nuq?

{SuH} is an exclamation meaning "Ready!" or "Standing by!" or it can be used
just before giving a command or performing an action.  But it's not usable in
a sentence.  I don't know what you meant by {SuH nuq}, but {SuH} is not a
verb.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian