tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 16 10:42:42 1997

{Hogh} (was: Re: KLBC: Short and Easy)

HovqIj wrote:
>Qov wrote:
>> At 23:54 97-12-15 -0800, James Coupe wrote:
>>
>> }>chay' yuQvam wIchargh?
>> }
>> }nganpu' Hogh tIHoH
>>
>> This *is* a noun-noun with a you-them imperative, and perfectly
>> correct Klingon for "Kill the inhabitants' weeks!"
>
>The person who wrote this sentence isn't German, is he? The GREAT
>DOW (German TKD) really says "schwach"("weak") for {Hogh}!!! :/

Ok, this is getting ridiculous.  It's worse than the Hungarian
phrasebook in the Monty Python television skit.   Evidence prevented
seems to suggest that the people responsible for DOW have no
knowledge of Klingon, and an imperfect knowledge of both English and
German.  If they cannot find a trilingual English/Klingon/target
language speaker the least they could do is run it by someone who is
fluent in each language before it goes to press.  How can we stop
them from doing this again?  Our language community is small enough.
We don't need mutually unintelligible dialects.

-Qov

Back to archive top level