tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 02 12:30:32 1997

Re: Daghtuj

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Willmerdinger <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, December 01, 1997 11:56 PM
Subject: Re: Daghtuj

>I think Alan's Comprehensive Pun Project will require several people to
>study every word in the entire corpus, doing nothing but looking for
>obscure puns.  Of course, we'll *still* never find them all....
>
>(I wonder if Marc kept a list?)

I doubt it.  I'm fairly sure he is sitting around, making new words, and
trying to conjure up syllables.  "Hmmm, need a word for 'serving platter,'
hmmm.  What might be good?  Round, flat, kinda like a record, an LP, hmmmm,
sure, why not?  {'elpI'}!"

My guess is that he makes these puns not only to torture us, but because he
needs *some* basis to make up these words.  I believe that every
polysyllabic word which he made up for KGT (i.e. not a Paramount backfit and
not derived from pre-existing Klingon words) is one of his puns, not just to
be annoying, but because it's a good way to come up with new vocabulary.

I'd be very disappointed if he did it merely to annoy us!

SuStel
Stardate 97920.0

Back to archive top level