tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 01 00:49:49 1997

A *with* suffix?

I am not one to create new words and suffixes by using qutluch tactics,
if official words come only from Mr. Okrand's mouth I will accept that.
Remember that to survive we must expand and we cannot do that very well
waiting for the snippets that fall from Okrand's mouth at conferences or
by waiting for his next book to come out. Any self respecting speaker of
Klingon can understand a compound noun that is not officially in TKD,
TKW or KGT.

Please don't nitpick over verbs. I was trying to make a point about a
noun suffix and the verb *ghoS* was there to make the sentence
understandable. It was not the talking point. I agree that *jaH* would
have been more appropriate, but I was just quickly writing out a thought
not composing a speech, or a lecture.

qelayn

ps. For N,S,E,W why not use ship directions (bow, stern etc.)
--
m109

Back to archive top level