tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 28 09:33:14 1997

Re: "Soldiers of the Empire" and KGT

> And in some senses, it makes the language a little more realistic and
> believable, granting those fun dialects and borrowed words...

Yes!  This is exactly what I've always said (well, in more annoying and
grating ways, but...).  All English speakers DON'T sound like they come
from Oxford (or the Bronx, or Minnesota, or...).  Why should all Klingons
sound the same?

OTOH - I've started to layoff sharing all the many "joke" words with
non-Klingonists; they're starting to think "tlhIngan Hol" means "odd
collection of puns and cultural references"....

** joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]   **
****   Hegh tI, 'ej ngab tI naH, 'ach reH taHtaH joH'a'maj mu'****
**"The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our **
** God stands forever." Isaiah 40.8 NLT** http://umn.edu/~joela **

Back to archive top level