tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 15 08:50:51 1997

RE: veD

ghItlh Qov:

> SKI: Qov chews out charghwI' and describes some creative activities
> he can engage in if he declines to learn the latest new vocabulary.
> Qov, incidentally, believes this all the result of a
> misunderstanding, not some new degree of depth to charghwI"s stubborn
> arrogance, but it wouldn't be Klingon if I turned down an excuse for
> a good tirade and some creative cursing. :P
>
> - mu'tay' ghojqangbogh Qov'e'

mu'qaD veS vItIvlaw'. wej paq chu' vISuq, vaj vIyajchu'laHbe'. wa'leS paq
chu' vISuqlaH, vaj wa'leS mu'qaD veSlIj vIlaDqa' 'ej vItIvlaHchu'.

pagh

No, this is NOT another use of -law' indicating something other than a
degree of certainty. Qov jabbI'ID vIlaDta'DI', mu'qaD veS jeSDI', po'bej
Qov 'e' vIQub. And then I thought "I think I enjoyed that (insert emoticon
for befuddled look)".

Back to archive top level