tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 14 10:03:41 1997

pongwIj'e'

As it turns out, I love my Klingon name. Why? Well, as
charghwI', it was intended to tie in to William, as in William,
the Conqueror.

Then it got a boost when Okrand gave us the proverb:

reH lugh charghwI'.

Then one day, I was typing too quickly and I dropped the "r" and
became chaghwI', which means, of course, one who drops
something. Like an "r", for instance.

And now, we have the new word {char}, which means "be slimy".
While I was initially offended by this, I have suddenly realized
that if someone calls me {charwI'}, and a lot of lazy humans
call me exactly that because they don't do gh very well, my
natural response will be:

gh.

Or more likely:

ghghghghghghghghghghgghgh!

Just as a reminder as to the sound you'd be best advised to
enunciate clearly when you say my name.

charghghghghghgwI'

Back to archive top level