tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 07 22:49:08 1997

Re: KLBC: SaqHa'

ja'pu' muHwI':
>> {Saq} means "to land"
>> what does {SaqHa'} mean?
>> "not land", "take off" ?

jang SuStel:
>"Take off."  {Saqbe'} would be "not land."

I would be a lot more likely to interpret {SaqHa'} as "mis-land", or "crash".

Maybe, in the right context, I'd be ready to read it as "take off *again*"
(after landing in the first place).  This second interpretation is similar
to the {jotlh} "take down"/{jotlhHa'} "put back up" pair of meanings that
were explained by Marc Okrand in a post on MSN that was copied here.

For "take off" I'd probably say {puvchoH}.  If the thing taking off is a
ship, I feel confident that {tlheD} would adequately convey the idea.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level