tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 31 16:40:51 1996

Re: KLBC - Trick or Treat

Amos Ezer hadani <[email protected]> writes:
>I see you know hebrew that way nobody can kmow what we're
>talking about(Aiza kef...).

Perhaps so, but such fun does not further the goals of this list.
[ani mevin ivrit...*Hebrew* vIyajlaH jIH]

>know,do u really know the language or just looking
>at the dictionary like I do...

Lots of us know the grammar well.  Many of us know enough vocabulary
to read and write simple tlhIngan Hol sentences without resorting to
looking things up in the dictionary.  Some of us can carry on rather
protracted conversations using only the knowledge we carry around in
our heads.  A couple of us (not me, alas) can write epic poems without
even being in the same country as a copy of The Klingon Dictionary. :)

But we *all* (well, maybe not Krankor) started out knowing nothing and
we all had to look in the dictionary constantly when we were beginning
our studies.  I continually encounter words that I have to look up.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level