tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 31 13:01:38 1996

Re: Halloween / "Heghlu'wI' jaj" ?

----------
> From: Joel Peter Anderson <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Halloween / "Heghlu'wI' jaj" ?
> Date: Thursday, October 31, 1996 3:52 PM
>
> Reney wrote:
>
> > La dia del muerte --> "The Day of the Dead" is *not* the same as "All
> > Hallows' Eve".
>
> Um, yes - I understand.  Am I wrong - are you saying there is NO
> connection between La dia del muerte?  I understood that, essentially,
> Halloween was the "Eve" of the All Hallows or All Souls day - the
> same day celebrated in La dia del muerte.  No?

It was just explained to me the "All Hallows Eve" is Halloween,
The day after Halloween is "All Saints Day," and....
"All Souls Day" (not the same as "All Saints Day") is on Nov 2nd.

K'Pach

Back to archive top level