tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 29 02:59:24 1996

Re: First attempt

>Qaw'nuq
>New name, what do you think? and is it pronounced KawNOOK, or have I
>messed this up also?

Is it intended to mean something? If so, *Qaw'* is a verb. I know TKD says
it's a noun, but there is an error. "Destruction" is *QIH*. If you intended
it to mean something like "What destroys?" it's correct. About the
pronunciation: according to TKD p17, stress is placed on the syllable with
the glottal stop, in most cases. And remember:
Say a *Q* like you're trying to force some phlegm out of your throat.
Say a *q* like a slight click.
I'll make a recording for you, too. Go to:

http://www.jwp.bc.ca/peregrine/temp/qaw'nuq.wav

BTW: I'm changing my alias. I found out what my terran name means, so I'm
using         it's translation.

-Adrian K (aka HurghwI') {{:-)}

             \|||||/
             ( o o )