tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 19 14:30:18 1996

Re: tlhIngan Hol in

>Ignoring the word <par'mach> itself (I'm an amateur, but isn't it wrong
>to have an apostrophe betwen two consonants?),

That is forgiveable: Transliterations are notorious in
mangling languages, and there is nothing unreasonable
in seeing the name printed "Par'mach" and assuming it
is say, "parmach".

As lenient as I am on the rest of the Paramount derived
Hol, I wouldn't encourage ANYONE to make an effort at
deciphering what was in this show.  GIVE them dramatic license.
It worked for the show, and  I thought it was
a terrific episode.

 *AND* now we really have a word for "(romantic) love".

-

 joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
   http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon  [email protected]
   GALACTIC LANGUAGES: [email protected]