tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 13 12:34:09 1996

Re: KLBC: Motto

> As to the timing... Don't get caught in details.  Think of the sentences as
> they come in: we have/had/will have arrived.  We have/had/will have seen.
> We have/had/will have conquered.  The grammar doesn't imply any temporal
> ordering, nor does the English (or Latin) for that matter.  The ordering is
> purely on the semantic/pragmatic level.

Ah. I see. That makes sense. I was originally thinking of joining them
with {je'} as a means to 'bundle' the sentences into one statement,
making them 'more simultaneous', kind of... but I guess one gets that
by simply marking one with {-DI'} (as soon as we accomplished one, we
accomplished two and three) - o.k.

qatlho'

HomDoq

Back to archive top level