tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 13 07:44:10 1996

'file' in Klingon

Folks, I just had a brainstorm on the question of how to say 'file' in
Klingon (with regard to the KLT project --- btw, a Klingon-Language
SimpleText is now available.) I simply remembered how we say 'file' in Modern
Greek:

ta

Folder would thus be taghom.

I don't think this raises any problems with OpenDoc, as was contended with
previous suggestions. Comments? I think ta is the way to go.

Btw, who was it again who suggested ghItlhjan for printer? For that is indeed
the correct expression to use...

--
ki egeire arga ta sthqia ta qlimmena;#Nick Nicholas, Linguistics,
san ahdoni pou se nuxtia anoijiata   #University of Melbourne  n.nicholas@

Back to archive top level