tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 08 09:00:21 1996

Re: Boggle word game

Lt.Cmdr. Kordite wrote:

>~mark said:
>
>I think the original game had that box because the words had to spelled by
>adjacent letters (diagonal or orthogonal) in the 4x4 grid of dice. Are you
>relaxing that rule?
>
>Boggle did not use any adjacent letters rule. The box was just to keep the
>dice from all over the table. 16 letters, as many words as you can.

Unlurking to clarify on a game I haven't played in years because of this rule...

The letters *MUST* be adjacent to make a word, in the original Boggle.  The set
consists of 1 timer, the letter dice, & a two-part box. (An opaque lid & grid
bottom)  You shake the dice and set it down in front of the players.  The timer
is turned when the lid is lifted, and players begin to find words.

Now the letters don't have to be in a straight line, but they do need to be
adjacent.

Considering the tough time I had playing this thing in English, I don't even
want to look at the tlhIngan Hol version. ;-)

r'Hul
tlhIngan ngech ghom be'vaD

Back to archive top level