tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 07 17:15:40 1996

virtus vera nobilitas (again)

>Any chance you could give it in English, for those of us who don't speak
>Latin?

I originally did not include the English translation hoping for a response
from the Latin speaking community, someone that could give a translation
from the 'original' Latin, so as to not lose anything in translating a
translation (did I lose anyone in that sentance?).
Due to lack of response, I am resubmitting my message with an English
translation (according to what my family tree says the translation is).

<virtus vera nobilitas> = <virtue is true nobility>
one of the gravestones even wrote it as <Virtue is true greatness>

(A saying that could apply to a Klingon's honor)

My original message:

<virtus vera nobilitas> jatlh qorDu'wI' tuq Degh
'e' mughmeH QaHraj vIneH

just in case... in DIvI' Hol

The motto on my family's Coat-of-Arms is [virtus vera nobilitas].
I would like some opinions for it's translation to tlhIngan Hol.

DloraH, naD puqloD

Back to archive top level