tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 02 19:44:28 1996

That banner on the screen...

Marc Paige <[email protected]> offered this brilliant insight:
> One last side note... I caught DS9 on video from last week
> and at the end of Gowron's message, there was Klingon letters
> on screen. I tired to match it up but it seemed like nonsense
> to me. Anyone else try?

If it's the episode you're thinking, and the scene you're thinking, and the
display you're thinking, then I think I know, and the story is not pretty.

You know how Paramount uses a Star Fleet emblem and a banner that reads "END
TRANSMISSION" at the ends of their communications?

Well, I can't be perfectly sure, but if you were to take a Klingon font and type
the words END TRANSMISSION, depending on what font you were using, you would
probably come up with the banner you saw. The telltale is the pattern of
repeated letters. You have it on video, so you can play back to that point. I
only saw it for a moment, and I couldn't consciously read it, but my Inner
Cryptographer's jaw hit the floor.

"PARAMOUNT FIRES HALF ITS MONKEYS; HAMLET SCRIPT FURTHER DELAYED."

                                                              -David
This message brought to you by the Chesapeake FreeNet:
Telnet by NCSA Telnet. Mail by POPMail. Domain Name Server by RONCO.

Back to archive top level