tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 31 16:06:43 1996

Re: Re[6]: Klingon writing tool

At 03:57 AM 28/5/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Quotes from dancat's message(s):
>
>"Naturaly warrior would not lower himself to this kind of mutilation of the
>dead,"
>Why not?  Why would mutilation of the living be honorable and mutilation of
"any
>empty shell" be dishonorable?

The mutilation of the living it to remind them of an occurance, which could
be Honorale behavior or a dishonorable act, such as treason. If a warrior
died, but fought most honorably, would one mutilate his/her body?

>"This would be a most interesting discusion:  does one mutilate, thus
dishonor,
>ones enemies to appease a god, or would one honor the valiant, but futile,
>efforts of a enemy who died for the cause that he/she followed, but not
>necessarily believed in."
>Mutilate the body of the fallen (and therefore inferior) warrior and
arrange for
>his family to discover the body.  Or have it shipped to them.  Not only do
they
>know he is dead but they know who killed him.  They may even act quicky (and
>hence without much thinking).  You may have an advantage.

But I would see it as dishonoralbe to mutilate the body of an honorable
warrior, if ones enemy fought in a dishonorable way, by all means mutilate
away, but not an honorable one.

>>Talk about carving your initials into an opponent.
>"As I said above, would one do this in battle?"
>Probably not in reality, but it is a nice cinematic image.  (Cf. Zorro).

Yes, O.K., but this will never the less cast a shodow of a doubt on the
honor of any Klingon,engaged in such acts.

>>--bangteH out on a limb.
>"And you thought you where out on a limb."
>If too many of us get out here, the limb will break.
I think I'll climb down now. Will some one catch me or break my fall, bangteH?

Qapla'

beHwI"av

Back to archive top level