tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 31 15:33:25 1996

Re: qaSovlu' jIneH

At 07:36 PM 5/25/96 -0700, ghunchu'wI' wrote:
>beHwI"av writes:
>[regarding the unusual spelling of his name]
>>Partly for this reason, I chose it, out of the millions of other
>>combinations I found, the name reveres to something and the " is there to
>>make it difficult to pronounce. Still now non of my friend can pronounce it,
>>the only one I know who pronounces it correctly is my father.
>
>This would be the same father who pronounces the word "glottal" with two
>glottal stops? :-)

That is indeed the case, but this is the way that his family/friends in
Liverpool would pronounce it, thus making it a non-arguementative fact.(c;{{{

Unless you are slagging of my father, in which case, "I'll have you!"(c;{{{

Qapla'

beHwI"av

P.S. While looking in the book "Learn yerself Scouse" I found that I was
indeed correct. HA!!! (c;{{{

Back to archive top level