tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 29 21:05:43 1996

Re: Use of 'e'

wovwI' writes:
>I've noticed that in conversation people use 'e' to follow up on
>sentences spoken by someone else, as in:
>
>jatlh wovwI': DaH tlhIngan Hol parlaw' loDnalwI'
>jatlh SuStel: 'e' vIHar.
>
>Any comments on this usage?

This sort of phrasing was used in ST6: The Undiscovered Country.
See Captain Krankor's column in HolQeD 2:3 for details; briefly,
Azetbur says {'e' neHbe' vavwI'}, in response to a suggestion by
one of the members of the Klingon council that the empire should
attack the Federation immediately.