tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 28 09:08:30 1996

Re: nuqneH

On Mon, 27 May 1996 17:47:06 -0700 Robyn Stewart
I completely enjoyed and agreed with your description of useage
of nuqneH, etc. Then I ran into one picky detail:

> Let's say I'm sitting in the bar and nuqHm walks in.
> I could say "nuqneH!" and he could say "toH. wovwI', nuqDaq chom?"
> Or he could say "wovwI'" and I could say "nuqneH!"
> But if he said "nuqneH," I'd be likely to say "nuq DaneH
> SoH? HIq jItlhutlh vIneH. qatlh tachDaq jIba' 'e' DaQub jay'?"

Try {tachDaq jIba' qatlh 'e' DaQub jay'?!} Remember that
{tachDaq jIba'} is not contained as a phrase in {qatlh 'e' DaQub
jay'?}. They are two separate, but adjacent sentences. We just
punctuate it as if it were one, since that's what Okrand does,
even though he describes it as two separate sentences.

> Robyn Stewart - NLK Consultants Inc. - [email protected]

charghwI'

Back to archive top level