tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 27 19:41:02 1996

Boggle

The mentioning of the Klingon Scrabble struck me with another idea for a
tlhIngan Hol word game: Boggle.

For those not familiar with the game, it consists of 16 dice marked with
letters.  The dice are rolled and players have three minutes to construct as
many words as they can using the rolled letters.  Scoring is 1 point for a 3
letter word, 2 for a 4 letter word, 4 points for a 5 letter word, 8 points for
a 6 letter word and so on.

The letter groupings are as follows:
RHZLNN LYEDRV LTYRTE EESUNI HGEWEN IERLDX AEAGNE IUHNMQu
IOMTCU WAOLTO OSCAPH TWERHV FFSKAP STTIDY IOSSET BBAOOJ

Whoever has the letter distribution for the letters in TKD could work out the
letters for the dice.  I had a copy from development discussions for the
Scrabble game but can't find them, otherwise I'd give them a try.

Well, I've already ordered some dice I can modify to give it a try.  I think it
could be a more forgiving game, and thus more useful for the language novice,
than Scrabble.

What do you think?

Kordite

Back to archive top level