tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 25 09:49:49 1996

Re: Learning Klingon

In a message dated 96-05-25 07:14:11 EDT, ghunchu'wI' wrote:

>>Oh, and if somebody
>>could translate some of his letters in Klingon to english, I would be
>>very thankful.
>
>I do occasionally write the same thing both in Klingon and in english,
>but the correspondence between the two versions is not always direct.
>Most of my posts in Klingon start out that way, and it's usually a big
>hassle to restate the idea in english just for the benefit of beginners
>who aren't yet able to follow complex Klingon sentences.  You'll get a
>lot more benefit from translating them yourself anyway; if you can't
>understand something, post your best attempt and ask for help.

When I first began reading the list, most of my time was spent struggling
through charghwI''s tlhIngan Hol posts, in which he often described
rock-climbing.  It took forever, but I slowly began to memorize the suffixes,
and soon after the prefixes, and vocabulary all the while.  He sent no
English version, and if I wanted to find out the end of his description, I'd
have to just plod through it!  It's tough work, but very rewarding!

SuStel
Hovjaj 96398.9

Back to archive top level