tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 23 21:08:39 1996

Re: KLBC (yInbogh lompu' joH)

ghItlh SanQIb:
>I wanted to say
>qaStaHvIS poHvetlh volchaHDu'wIjDaq 'oHbe'bejpu' nachwIj 'e'

The {'e'} at the end of this sentence is supposed to be a Type 5 noun
suffix attached to {nachwIj}, not a separate word.  Otherwise, it is
a relatively straightforward sentence:

"My head certainly wasn't on my shoulders at that time."

I wouldn't have said this using "to be", but that's mostly a matter of
style (I like to avoid "to be" and {-ghach} and unnecessary use of {ghaj}).
{qaStaHvIS poHvetlh tay'be'law' volchaHDu'wIj nachwIj je}.