tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 22 07:21:02 1996

Re[4]: Klingon writing tool

charghwI':  "Thinking on it more, I think a TRIANGULAR pointed brush would be
more the likely thing..."

Let's ponder this even further.
If the second period of tlhIngan literacy is characterized by the use of a
triangular-headed brush, might this practice have arisen from the use of a
triangular-bladed carving stylus?

And to carry that a step further:
Might the triangular stylus have arisen from a triangular-bladed combat knife?
We know that bayonets like this inflict wounds which either don't heal or don't
heal well.

Perhaps the practice of writing arose from a Pictographic tradition used to
identify one's kills.  Talk about carving your initials into an opponent.

--bangteH out on a limb.

Back to archive top level