tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 20 22:53:31 1996

Re: KLBC: QonoS

At 07:56 PM 20/05/96 -0700, you wrote:
>ghItlh toQDoq:

>>        jIghItlh QonoSvan vajvetlh luq moj pov tlhIngan HollI'.
>
>"I write; that warrior of [this?] log; I will; it becomes; your
>[speech-using] Klingon language is excellent."  Huh?
>
>This is the one line of your note that didn't have a footnote, and it's
>the one I can't figure out.  What did you want to say here?

My fault. I should have included my english phrase that I wanted to say
underneath each line.
What I intended to say was "I write this journal so that I will become
excellent in progree with the Klingon Language."  I haven't fully read the
TKD yet because I only got it on Saturday and this week is essay week for my
university (groans).  I was attempting to make myself as clear as possible
by trying to thread words together as ably as I could.  This however didn't
happen.  Oh well, I do intend to get better, and I can definately tell you I
am better in Klingon so far than I was after 2 weeks of Ancient Greek (too
many different ways to say and write "the" and "he/she").

>>jatlhwI' ghItlhwI'chu {2} letlaw', 'ach pupchol vumbejmo'!
>
>"It is apparently hard/firm speaker and write[perfectly]er,
>but he [begins to?] be perfect because he certainly toils."

What I meant to say is "Speaking and writing clearly seems hard, but
perfection comes nearer certainly because of toil!"

>>jIHech tlhIngan Hol ghojDI' DuH.  QonoSwIj reH Dunna' {3} Qu'vamvaD.
>
>"I intend, as soon as the possibility learns the Klingon language.
>Always is [definite?] great my log for the benefit of this task."

Again I wanted to say: "I intend to learn the Klingon Language as soon as
possible.  My journal plays a [definate] great part in this."

Thanks in helping me learn this language :)

toQDoq
>From Redhawk: The one who has an angel called Kestra in his heart...
  "Remember when you said "Mine?" and I said "Forever!" You said "Only Forever?"
==========="Forever... And ever..." - The Crow by James O'Barr============

Back to archive top level