tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 16 23:51:53 1996

Re: KLBC:Name that Song

>>> I thought that the band's name meant Rage [as a noun] to the detriment of
>>> the machine. Oh, but I also thought that the 'machine' in this case was the
>>> government or similar,

>> In both you are correct, but the machine can also be seen as the constraints
>> that cause the inability to do something constructive with ones live, thus
>> raging against the overpowering odds of Capitalism, that which causes misery.

> Okay, which is it?  You seem to say that you agree with Ford that "Rage"
> is a noun, but you then use it as a verb.  Is the band's name supposed to
> mean "complain angrily and violently about" the machine, or is it supposed
> to mean "violent anger which is placed adjacent to" the machine?

mughmeywIj vIghaj:

jo' QIHvaD peQeHqu'
" (you plural) rage for the destruction of the machine! "

pagh:

jo' Qaw'bogh QeH'a'
" Rage (noun) which destroys the machine. "

cha'DIch wa'DIch joq lajlu' 'e' vISovbe',
'ach QaQ bIH 'e' vIQub.

Qapla'
Ford
       __  /  __  /  __  /  /  ____/  Daniel Noll aka Ford Prefect
      /   /  /   /  /   /  /  /       [email protected]
  __/    __/ __/__/ __/__/______/     Chaos: yIHo' 'ach yIQaw'

Back to archive top level