tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 15 11:58:30 1996

Re: KLBC:Name that Song

At 09:20 PM 5/12/96 -0700, you wrote:
>beHwI"av writes:

>"Rebel" and "yell" are commands, and should be given using imperative
>verb prefixes (see TKD 4.1.2):  {yIyotlh. yIyotlh 'ej yIjach...}

I forgot about this I'll hve to go back and look it up.

>The idea "because" is carried by either the noun suffix {-mo'} (TKD 3.3.5)
>or the verb suffix {-mo'} (TKD addendum 4.2.9).

This I should of known, I have David's Suffix list above my computer.

>I don't think "our people" should be translated directly.  It looks like
>this is supposed to refer to "our clan" or "our tribe" -- maybe the word
>{tlhach} "faction, sect" would be appropriate.

I think our people is better, because I find faction or sect give the idea
an evil look.

>"Dwell" and "live" are separate concepts.  Klingon uses the noun {ngan} to
>express the meaning given by the verb "reside" in English.  Maybe you could
>get across "still dwell" with {ratlhtaH} "continuously remain"?
>
>{...ghe''orDaq ratlhtaHmo' tlhachmaj}
>

>>This was meant to be a bit encriped, but I meant the Rage's direction, it's
>>"Rage against the Machine"
>
>I don't know the word "encriped", and I don't understand it from context.
>"Rage" looks like a command here, not a noun.  How would you rephrase the
>words "rage against" in order to translate it into Klingon?

Sorry about the spelling mistake it was meant to be *encrypted*.

Would it be possible to substitute *against* for *directed at* or *projected
at*, thus making it *Rage directed at (projected towards) the machine* or
{mIqta' Hotlh yIQeH'a'} or {mIqta' Hotlh peQeH'a'}

Qapla'

beHwI"av

Back to archive top level