tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 13 21:49:14 1996

Re: What kind of world is tlhIngan qo'?

macheq writes:
>Any *meta-Klingon* information is nothing but an example from another
>world. The informations about the origins of ST series, of Klingon, Klinzhai,
>Klingonaase and tlhIngan Hol, how they found their way into the
>movies and series, how the actors were coached, how the pronounciation
>of the original series influenced "double pronounciation" of {b}, how
>actors now *misuse* the TKD - all this stuff is but a garbage.
>We are dealing with the  REAL tlhIngan Hol as being used in the Klingon
>Empire in the XXIIIrd and XXIVth centuries, how it functions etc.
>and our sources are TKD, HolQeD and TKW along with two cassettes, a CD
>and whatever appears next. ST series and movies (i.e. what is IN them) are
>just *ANOTHER SET OF POSSIBLE WORLDS* about Klingons, so they can differ.

I deal with the real tlhIngan Hol as presented in The Klingon Dictionary
and as spoken by people on this mailing list.  The fictional Klingons as
presented in the Star Trek tv shows and movies are relatively unimportant
to my study and use of the language, which really does exist.  It is the
real *language* that interests me most.