tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 12 12:10:04 1996

Re: KLBC:Name that Song

At 09:57 AM 5/12/96 -0700, you wrote:
>In a message dated 96-05-12 12:12:08 EDT, ghunchu'wI' wrote:
>
>>Did you mean to say {ghe''orDaq yIntaH ghotpu'ma'} as the second line
>>of the song -- "Our people are living in the netherworld"?  {yIn} might
>>not be the right word to translate the concept "reside" in Klingon.
>
>Especially since you only go to the netherworld when you *die*!
>
>Unless that was part of the poetic imagery?

I thought only the dishonored live in {ghe"orDaq}, 'cause the people are
treated like honorless beings I thought this would be the right discription
of hell.
The good living in the land of the dishonored.

Qapla'

beHwI"av

Back to archive top level