tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 12 09:00:37 1996

Re: KLBC:Name that Song

beHwI"av writes:
>Sorry beforehand about my broken Klingon.

I'd like to help you fix it, but songs don't make good instructional
materials.  To correctly express the meaning behind the words, one
must usually lose the songlike quality of the work completely, and in
order to keep the song-ness, one must usually take liberties with the
meaning.  Many songs also play fast and loose with grammar.

>jach 'ej lotlh lotlh
>ghe"or yIntaH ghotpu'ma'

"He screams and he rebels; the netherworld rebels; our people are living."

I'm afraid I don't recognize this.
[And it's hard to try to read it without punctuation.]

>        mIqta' lurgh QeH'a'na

"true rage of the machinery's direction"

This also escapes my recognition.

>P.S. My word of the day was {yIn}

Did you mean to say {ghe''orDaq yIntaH ghotpu'ma'} as the second line
of the song -- "Our people are living in the netherworld"?  {yIn} might
not be the right word to translate the concept "reside" in Klingon.