tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 11 04:15:51 1996

Re: Hobbies + KLBC

At 09:30 AM 5/2/96 -0700, you wrote:
>On  2 May 96 at 8:23, R.E.Newcombe wrote:
>
>> You think you guys (and guy-esses) have problems explaining that you are
>> honourably learning tlhIngan Hol - I work in a student bar !
>>
>> Half the punters <pe'>, think that I'm a total BOZO, and the
>> other half ARE total bozos !
>
>Boy, I must be about the luckiest <jatlhwI'> on the list!
>
>My employers and co-workers don't seem bothered in the least by my
>fascination with <tlhIngan Hol> and other things tlhIngan.  (The
>photos on the cork-board and the framed sign which reads <batlh
>vIvuvbe'chugh, not burghwIj vIteblaHqu'> haven't caused any problems.)
>
>Not only that, but one of the owners actually *suggested* I pick my
>own job title in <tlhIngan Hol>.  The business cards are on order!
>Of course, they wouldn't let me label the equipment bays in <Hol>,
>but I'll let that slide.  {{;-)

I'm a volenteer in a youth centre and everybody is amazed, not only at my
knowledge of Klingon, but my inate ability do drink large quantaties of beer
and speak better Klingon. Some people drink and become scousers
(liverpodlian and agressive), others drink and become Glaswejen (sp?)
(Scotish and agressive) and I become a Klingon and start headbutting people.

Qapla'

beHwI"av

Back to archive top level