tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 11 04:12:16 1996

Re: New words in HolQeD 5.1

On Fri, 3 May 1996 02:32:11 -0700,
 It was written about "Re: New words in HolQeD 5.1":

> No, I didn't. I saw "tu'HomIraH, meaning T'oohomIrah" in HolQeD 5.1
> and asked what the <beep> a "T'oohomIrah" could be.
> Something useless? That still doesn't say much. I mean; there must be
> some reason why that word is in the list, some reason the word appears
> somewhere on the CD-ROM....

It's a word adapted from DS9:Blood Oath. Brief summary:

Three old Klingons arrive on DS9 to pick up Curzon for a trip of vengeance he
was bound to with a Blood Oath. Instead of Curzon they find Jadzia, who feels
compelled to take Curzon's place even though the Trill law doesn't require it
from her. The drunkard Kor is on her side and eventually she manages to
impress even Koloth with her skills with the betleH, but Kang remains adamant.
At that point Kor asks him
"Why do you dismiss her like some useless t'ooho'mIrah?"

My machine is neither Gates- nor Mac-compatible, so I'd like to know how it
has been used on the CD-ROM, if someone cares to tell me.

--
*** RIKU ANTTILA; [email protected]              "Elama on kuin banaani"    ***
 ** Insinoorinkatu 60 A 12; 33720 TAMPERE             -- Anonymous          **

Back to archive top level