tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 09 03:36:50 1996

Re: qep'a' qay' [KLBC?]

ghItlhpu' David Wood:

>7/11 *Philadelphia*Daq SoS vov je vIDor.
>*europe*Daq pa'vo' leng chaH.
>leS tagh *DexCon*.
>wej jajmey taH 'e'.
>wejleS tagh qep'a' wejDIch.
>vagh jajmey taH 'e'
>*Philadelphia*Daq wa'maH jajmey jIratlh'a'?
>ghobe' jay'!
>Sajmaj vIQorghnIS.
>Sajmey pa' ghaj'a' qep'a' *hotel*?
>
>(Translation for those with trouble understanding Mangled Klingon)
>
>On July 11, I am escorting my parents to Philadelphia.
>>From there, they are traveling to europe.
>The day after that, DexCon begins.
>It lasts for three days.
>Three days after, the third "big meeting" begins.
>It lasts for five days.
>Do I want to spend ten days in Philadelphia?
>I'd rather not, thank you.
>I have to take care of our pet.
>Does the meeting's hotel have a kennel?
>
>(Reasons why I think it's mangled; others may point out more)
>
>I wasn't sure how to specify a particular month and day (like, say, 7th month,
>11th day). I wasn't sure that {jar} would translate correctly.

I have looked at using {tera'jar}, ie "Earth-month" and {tera'jaj} "Earth-day",
making the construct {tera'jaj wa'maH wa'DIch tera'jar SochDIch}. I don't
know whether the experts recommend using {tera'jar}, or whether the words
{tera'} and {jar} should be separated ...

Qapla'
Ford

      _   /  _   /  _   /  /  ____/  Ford Prefect   aka  Daniel Noll
    ____/  _   /  /   /  /  /             [email protected]