tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 06 11:15:13 1996

Met Mark O. once

I met Mark O. once . . .

at a Farpoint convention (in Baltimore) what must now have been over a year
ago.

I asked him "Are the similarities between Klingon and Navajo intentional?"

He replied with delight "How did you know that?"

The tlh sound is a trait Klingon shares with Navajo, among other
similarities.

We proceeded to discuss the languages we both knew something about.  This led
to the piQaD system because he was apparently working on a book about it
then.  We discussed the difficulties he was having with it and we likened it
to Ancient Egyptian (the only language other than English and Navajo which we
BOTH knew anything about).

It was a fun meeting.

But I was wondering --- has anything been released officially about the piQaD
yet?  If so, where?!

And, as an aside, are there any complete fonts available??

bangteH
Truelove, Frank M.
LORE Products International and
The Stone Soup Press
bak (Back At Keyboard after four-month Disability leave)

Back to archive top level