tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 01 13:56:40 1996

Re: Cannon for Multiple Consonants

marqoS wrote:

>There are lots of places where -rgh shows up. -y' and -w' are also
>consonant clusters. They're all syllable-final, not syllable-initial,
>and these three are the *only* consonant clusters allowed.

But where is that stated?  You know I'm going to keep harping on this until
somebody gives me a page number. {{;-) (Why do I have a feeling the answer is,
"Well, it's not stated.  But they're the only ones we've seen." So the above
statement would need to be amended with "at this point in time.")

>As has been pointed out, though, names don't have to follow the rules.

Like *I* don't know that already.<g>

r'Hul - and there ain't no 'I' between the 'r' & the 'H'

Back to archive top level