tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 01 10:47:11 1996

Re: {lab} vs. {lI'}

charghwI' writes:

>...So, the whole line about the transmitter being ready to
>transmit itself was wholly created to match her lip movements.

{HablI' Su' labbeH} has that extra exclamation in the middle of
it, so I really don't think you should try to translate it as
"It is ready to transmit the data transceiving device."  I think
it looks more like: "D.T.D. - check.  Ready to transmit."  Though
your point about this being created to match lip movements does
tend to limit how seriously we should take the grammar.