tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 01 07:27:39 1996

RE: Star Trek Klingon

HetaQ wrote:

>So back to the Language Lab - great job! I'll be playing with it for some time
>to come. The speech recognition is pretty good. Long phrases need to be spoken
>quickly though.

Yeah, I had problems with that too, during the recording.  Mark Mandel kept
saying, "You need to redo that one, faster.  Don't pause between words."

>I'd love to see the entire contents of TKD in that format, it would be great
>practice.

Ackkkk!  It took me hours just to do the 50 or so phrases that are there.  Now,
I'll admit that I was probably one of the least experienced speakers.  So it
took me much longer to get through the words.  But even Capt. Krankor would have
to camp out in the Dragon System offices for quite awhile.  Mainly because for
every right pronunciation there were 4 or 5 mispronunciations.  That was the
hard part.

r'Hul

Back to archive top level