tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 30 22:09:34 1996

toughie

I usually try to put the translated song-snippets as taglines at the ends
of other postings... but of course I often think of fun ones when I don't
have anythng to post, and can't think of any when I do post.  But here's a
*really* obscure one, perhaps even with some imperfect grammar, that I
thought of and just felt like putting out there.  If you can track down
where this is from, I'll be impressed. :)

jajlo' He'a'Daq 'Iw lunIjbogh tera'nganmey....
 puq Qup yab'e' ghorlaHbogh vay' luqev lomqa'pu'...
                                       -- lojmItpu'

[I shouldn't have used qev transitively; should probably have a -Daq on the
object (though the English has it transitive <-- hint), but that would have
meant mangling the relatve clause even worse, or breaking it into two
sentences.  So cope: it's a weak translation.]

~mark

Back to archive top level