tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 29 09:04:23 1996

Re: My two cents.

> an English word handy, but he presented the German "wohne" as a verb that
> didn't make sense without a locative. I didn't see that any of the given
> translations were ungrammatical if they had no locative, and I am trying
> to understand the situation fully.  ("Grok" is a perfect term here; the
> closest Klingon translation, {yajchu'}, doesn't have the same feel.)
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

maybe "to be situated" (not in a financial sense) is a better
example. Do you think that

"It is situated." "It is not situated." "Is it situated?"

are complete sentences? Shouldn't they be

"It is sit. somewhere/nowhere." "Where is ist sit.?"

Marc Ruehlaender	[email protected]
Universitaet des Saarlandes, Saarbruecken, Germany