tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 29 08:11:45 1996

Re: nuqneH! (KaaDaQ')

>Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 18:42:28 -0800
>From: [email protected] (Alan Anderson)

>~mark writes:
>>>taHjaj maH!
>>
>>*grin*... I know it's in Krankor's anthem, but it probably isn't the best
>>line to use where beginners can see it.  I think you know why.

>jIyajchu'.  Somehow, I hadn't noticed its lack of a verb prefix...
>jIqIp'eghmeH 'oy'naQ vIlo'nIS.

When Krankor had first written the anthem, he showed it to me and asked me
if I could find the grammar-error.  He knew it was there from day one,
don't think he missed it.  It was deliberately put there, for a subtle
tongue-in-cheek-ness you sort of have to hear spoken.  He also knew it
would be tough to find... as you have demonstrated. :)

~mark

P.S. I saw it during that first inspection. :)

Back to archive top level