tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 23 07:03:05 1996

Re: KLBC double object verbs

>>I'll forgive you, you forgave me.;-)
>>"Ich nicht wohne"="I not live(in a house)" or "I not reside", so in answer
>>to you question, no it means nothing.
>
>For something closer to equivalent in English, think "I do not dwell."
>"Wohne" sounds like it's pretty close to English "dwell" in meaning.

The point here is that there is no action, it translates "I not dwell", the
simple act of switching nicht and wohne produces an action, so "Ich wohne
nicht"="I don't dwell". I find it strange, but that's German for you.

Daniel

Back to archive top level