tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 30 13:30:56 1996

Re: KBLC re: -mo'

SaraH <[email protected]> writes:
>Isn't -mo' a  noun suffix?  Has it been okayed for use on verbs?

There is also a verb suffix {-mo'} with the same sort of meaning as the
noun suffix {-mo'}.  See TKD's Addendum section 4.2.9 (page 175).

>Also, <ghunchu'wI'> is used often on this list.  The meaning is apparently
>not quite what the dictionary says.  Are you using it to indicate linguist?

No, I'm merely using it as my name.  It literally means "one who perfectly
programs" which is my rendition of "Hacker" (an old pseduonym of mine) into
Klingon.  When I sign my messages with it, it has no particular meaning other
than being a way to identify me.

The word "linguist" has been translated as {Holtej} "language-scientist" --
which is also used as a name by one of the list's members.