tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 29 14:54:20 1996

The Ashes of Eden

I don't know if anybody mentioned this yet, but I found something interesting
in William Shatner's book, _The Ashes of Eden_.  I will indicate italicized
words with asterisks.  In chapter two, we find:

"Kort, the one-eyed Klingon, breath reeking of bad *gagh*, leaned in closer,
finger tightening on the trigger stud, counting down.

"'. . . *hut* . . . *chorgh* . . . *soch* . . .'

"In seven seconds, Checkov would be a cloud of disrupted subatomic particles.
 His only thought: *What would the captain do?*

Later, we see,

"'Cargo Bay Twelve.' Kort briskly told Checkov.  He held up two fingers.
 '*Cha' rep*.'

"'Two hours," Checkov agreed."

I'm impressed!  I'll be looking for any more Klingon in the novel, even if
it's not spelled correctly.

SuStel
Hovjaj 96495.3

Back to archive top level