tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 28 11:17:24 1996

Re: KLBC: Trial and error

>I was looking at the meanings of the words as other parts of speech and
>trying to fit the noun meanings into that framework.  I had forgotten the
>example in The Klingon Way; obviously {quv} isn't being used here the way
>I suggested it might be interpreted.
>
>-- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

I'm not a linguist, but I am fascinated with the way language works,
especially words whose meanings are superficially similar.
How (other than being different parts of speech) does batlh and quv differ?
Also there are several words which could be translated "warrior" what
distinguishes them?
comments?

Sogha' Qob vestai Hurric
wa'DIch IKV RakeHell