tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 19 20:30:36 1996

Re: Motto Competition

--
ghItlh Lawrence:           jIQub jIH:
>peqIm vajpu'              |jIqImqu'
>rIn may'na'               |majQa'
>mu'mey DIwIvta'           |jISeychoH
>qep'a'Daq vI'ang          |jIloSnIS'a'
>
>jIja'pa' jatlh Hovmey     |va jIloSnISqu'
>
>LOOSE TRANSLATION (so Alan can pick on my grammar):

No picking necessary!  I translated your message out loud to my wife and
a friend of hers before I scrolled down to the translation; they matched
word-for-word except that I said "competition" instead of "battle" and
"convention" instead of "meeting".

Now I am *triply* excited about attending qep'a' wejDIch!  I get to meet
a lot of people who are "serious" about Klingon; I get to *speak* with a
lot of people who can *understand* Klingon; and now I will discover what
the KLI's official motto is - and who is being honored by having his/her
words chosen as that motto.