tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 18 10:04:05 1996

Re: thursday:today

As a very pitiful example of a newbie in the language I recognise
exactly what Lawrence is driving at. The first step is to try for the
the word by word tlhIngan into English, then one has to make it a
tlhIngan sentence--meaning, change the words used to the concept needing
to be expressed. This is, of course, the hardest part, and the one which
tends to force you to rethink what you are saying, so that trying to say
'I would like to see you again'--translated directly into tlhIngan
requires the next step--that is--how would this concept be said by a
tlhIngan.
Which is, of course why i don't try to post in tlhIngan--yet.

Back to archive top level